ACR Gold Seal
Are you concerned about exposure to radiation?
Look for the ACR gold seal and put your mind at ease.
When you see the gold seal of accreditation, you can rest assured that the facility will meet the highest level of patient safety standards and image quality.
Why? Because it means that the facility and its personnel have gone through a comprehensive review to earn accreditation status by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
Among patients and physicians alike, ACR accreditation is recognized as the gold standard in medical imaging.
Before your imaging procedure, be sure to ask your physician . . .
- Why is the exam needed?
- How will having the exam improve care?
- Are there alternatives that do not use radiation and deliver similar results?
- Is the facility ACR accredited?
- Are pediatric exams delivering “kid-sized” radiation doses?
With recent news coverage about radiation dose, it’s no wonder that patients concerned about radiation dose safety seek out facilities that display ACR accreditation seals. When you see the ACR gold seal, you know that the:
- Facility has undergone a rigorous review process and meets nationally accepted standards of care
- Personnel are well quali ed to perform your procedure and interpret your medical images
- Equipment is assessed by a medical imaging expert who veri es that it functions properly, takes optimal images and utilizes appropriate radiation dose levels
Your doctor trusts ACR… you can too.
Accreditation by ACR demonstrates your doctor’s commitment to quality care and patient safety.
For nearly 100 years, ACR has devoted its resources to making imaging safe, effective and accessible to those who need it. ACR comprises physicians, physicists, and technology experts in radiology and is the oldest and most experienced imaging accreditation body.
Look for the facility that puts its medical imaging accreditation in the hands of medical imaging experts. Look for the ACR Gold Standard.
To learn more about radiation safety and procedures, visitwww.radiologyinfo.org.